Looking for in-home NDIS occupational therapy?
Our dedicated occupational therapists are registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to provide therapeutic supports and services to Australians under 65 years of age. Our NDIS OTs will appraise your abilities and environment to help you perform your desired activities with greater independence and dignity.
If you have a significant or permanent disability affecting your everyday activities, then support from an NDIS occupational therapist could enhance your quality of life. Contact us to arrange a friendly OT to come and speak with you about your personal NDIS plan goals – all in the comfort of your own home.
What do NDIS occupational therapists do?
In short, NDIS occupational therapists visit your home to determine the best way for you to complete activities that you need and want to do.
Your NDIS occupational therapist will appraise your abilities and environment to help you perform your desired activities with greater independence and dignity.
NDIS occupational therapists conduct assessments, provide recommendations, prescribe assistive equipment, arrange in-home modifications and conduct training – with the all-encompassing goal to help you go beyond your physical limits and live better.
NDIS Occupational Therapy Services & Supports
Our NDIS occupational therapy services and supports include:
- assistance with individualised goal setting and planning for NDIS therapy supports and services
- comprehensive assessment of personal support needs and therapeutic care needs
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) assessments
- orientation and mobility training
- functional rehabilitation
- comprehensive assessment and modification of living environment to increase independence
- rails in your bathroom or at home entrances to improve safety with transfers
- ramps, platform steps or chair lifts to improve accessibility around your home
- raised toilet seats or over toilet frames to facilitate safe transfers on/off the toilet
- shower chairs or stools to reduce the risk of falls in the shower and to manage fatigue
- wheelchairs, mobility scooters and hoists for mobility and transfers
- mechanical beds and aids for people with impaired vision
- long-handled aids for personal care and independence with dressing
- adaptive plates and cutlery to increase independence with feeding
- pressure care cushions and mattresses to reduce the risk and severity of pressure injury
- personal safety alarms
- equipment funding applications
- personal and caregiver education to safely use assistive technology
- comprehensive assessment of daily living skills, i.e. personal, domestic and community skills
- independent living skills development, such as cooking and cleaning
- budgeting and money handling skills
- adaptive dressing techniques
- fine and gross motor skills development
- routine building and self-management strategies
- emotional regulation and coping strategies
- pain and fatigue management strategies
- assistance to develop hobbies, interests and social skills
- supported employment evaluation and training services
- support for working and studying
- treatment guides and plans to support achieving your goals through collaborative efforts
- recommendations and advocacy for your current and future support/service needs
- training and educating family members, caregivers and support staff
- falls prevention education
- NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) – housing and living support assessments
- NDIS Supported Independent Living (SIL) assessments and recommendation reports
- home safety assessments and recommendations for safety in the community
- recommendations for transportation assistance
- Reports, assessments and recommendations provided by our NDIS occupational therapists specify valuable information about your individual needs and personal goals. This information offers evidence to Local Area Coordinators to advocate for additional funding. Plus, the information can be repurposed for applications to make the most of your NDIS plan and NDIS funding. Contact us today to discuss your needs and funding options.
- As your skills and independence change, so too may the NDIS supports you need. NDIS plan reviews or end-of-plan reviews are an opportunity to check how well your supports are working to help you achieve your goals. NDIS end-of-plan reviews are priority booked and delivered ready for your scheduled plan review. Contact us today to discuss your NDIS plan review and changing needs.
With Australian-qualified occupational therapists – specialising in mobile community NDIS services – we also provide NDIS care for adolescents and children over the age of seven.
Our occupational therapists take a wholistic approach to treatment, addressing a broad range of issues affecting your child’s participation in everyday life. As NDIS paediatric OTs, we facilitate practical solutions to support your child’s development and enhance their quality of life.
Contact us today to arrange one of our friendly OTs to come and talk to you about your child’s NDIS plan goals – all in the comfort of your home.
Who we help
How we work
For young children, we use play-based therapy to develop skills and reach goals. We create an enjoyable environment during therapy by using toys and games; to teach and develop crucial skills for later life.
Our NDIS paediatric occupational therapists also provide support and information to parents so they can continue to address and overcome barriers at home. read more...
Paediatric OT Programs
Our specialised paediatric occupational therapy programs include: